You can migrate your vRealize Orchestrator 7.6 SaaS instance to the cloud extensibility proxy so you can use the new vRealize Orchestrator 8.x functionality.
Cloud Assembly now supports the integration of vRealize Orchestrator 8.x instances through the cloud extensibility proxy. While you can continue using your existing vRealize Orchestrator 7.6 SaaS integration as it is, you cannot update its configuration. To overcome this limitation, you can migrate the vRealize Orchestrator 7.6 SaaS configuration to the cloud extensibility proxy.
The migration transfers the vRealize Orchestrator 7.6 SaaS configuration to your current vRealize Orchestrator 8.x instance, overwriting all existing elements such as workflows, actions, configuration and resource elements, including secure strings in workflows and configuration elements, packages, tasks, policies, certificates and trusted certificates, plug-ins, custom records in the the js-io-rights.conf file, and Control Center system properties.
Download and deploy a cloud extensibility proxy. See Download and deploy a cloud extensibility proxy.
- Log in to the command line of your cloud extensibility proxy over SSH as root.
- To start the migration, run the vro-migrate command.
- Follow the command prompts to provide the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) and credentials of the vRealize Orchestrator 7.6 SaaS instance.
- (Optional) To follow the migration progress, access the migration log:
- Log in to the command line of your cloud extensibility proxy over a separate SSH session as root.
- Run the tail -f /var/log/vmware/prelude/vro-migration.log command.
The migration process begins. You receive a notification on the cloud extensibility proxy when the migration finishes.