By using a vRealize Orchestrator integration, or extensibility actions with Cloud Assembly, you can create subscriptions to extend your applications.
Extensibility subscriptions allow you to extend your applications by triggering workflows or actions at specific life-cycle events. You can also apply filters to your subscriptions to set Boolean conditions for the specified event. For example, the event and workflow or action only triggers if the Boolean expression is
'true'. This is helpful for scenarios where you want to control when events, actions, or workflows are triggered.
- Verify that you have the cloud administrator user role.
- If you are using the vRealize Orchestrator integration and workflows:
- Existing vRealize Orchestrator on-premises workflows.
- Successful integration and connection to the on-premises vRealize Orchestrator server. For more information, see Configure a vRealize Orchestrator integration in Cloud Assembly.
- If you are using extensibility actions:
- Existing extensibility action scripts. For more information, see How do I create extensibility actions.
- Select .
- Click New Subscription.
- Enter the details of your subscription.
- Set the Organization scope for the subscription.
Note: For more information on creating extensibility subscriptions for organization providers and tenants, see Create extensibility subscriptions for providers or tenants.
- Select an Event Topic.
- (Optional) Set conditions for the event topic.
"^" (XOR), and
"!" (NOT). You can also use arithmetic operators, such as
“==" (equal to),
"!=" (not equal to),
">=" (greater than or equal),
"<=" (less than or equal),
">" (greater than), and
"<" (lesser than). More complex Boolean expressions can be built out of simpler expressions. To access the event payload according to the specified topic parameters, use
'event.data'or any of the event header properties:
- Under Action/workflow, select a runnable item for your extensibility subscription.
- (Optional) If applicable, configure the blocking behavior for the event topic.
- (Optional) To define the project scope of the extensibility subscription, deselect Any Project and click Add Projects.
Note: If the organization scope of the subscription is set to Any tenant organization, the project scope is always set to Any Project and the project scope cannot be changed. You can only change the project scope if the organization scope is set to the provider organization.
- To save your subscription, click Save.
Your subscription is created. When an event, categorized by the selected event topic occurs, the linked vRealize Orchestrator workflow or extensibility action is initiated and all subscribers are notified.
What to do next
After creating your subscription, you can create or deploy a cloud template to link and use the subscription. You can also verify the status of the workflow or extensibility action run in the Extensibility tab in Cloud Assembly. For subscriptions containing vRealize Orchestrator workflows, you can also monitor runs and workflow status from the vRealize Orchestrator Client.