You can add a vCenter cloud account for the account regions to which you want to deploy vRealize Automation Cloud cloud templates.
For network and security purposes, you can associate a vCenter cloud account with an NSX-T or NSX-V cloud account. An NSX-T cloud account can be associated to one or more vCenter cloud accounts. However, an NSX-V cloud account can only be associated to one vCenter cloud account.
- Verify that you have the required administrator credentials and have enabled HTTPS access on port 443. See Credentials required for working with cloud accounts in vRealize Automation Cloud.
- Verify that you have the cloud administrator user role. See What are the vRealize Automation Cloud user roles.
- Verify that you have a cloud proxy to use with this cloud account. See Add a cloud proxy to a vCenter in Cloud Assembly.
- Verify that the cloud proxy VM is on and that the cloud proxy service is connected and running. See Verify that a cloud proxy is running on a target virtual machine.
- Select Add Cloud Account. and click
- Select the vCenter account type and enter the vCenter server host IP address.
- Select an existing cloud cloud proxy from the drop-down menu.
You can also create a new cloud proxy for this cloud account. See Add a cloud proxy to a vCenter in Cloud Assembly.
- Enter your vCenter server administrator credentials and click Validate.
All data centers that are associated with the vCenter account are data-collected.The following elements are data-collected, as are all vSphere tags for the following elements:
- Clusters and hosts
- Port groups
- Data stores
- Select at least one of the available data centers on the specified vCenter server to allow provisioning for this cloud account.
- For efficiency, create a cloud zone for provisioning to the selected data centers.
You can also create cloud zones as a separate step according to your organization's cloud strategy.
For information about cloud zones, see Learn more about Cloud Assembly cloud zones.
- Select an existing NSX cloud account.
You can select the NSX account now, or later when you edit the cloud account.
For information about NSX-V cloud accounts, see Create an NSX-V cloud account in vRealize Automation.
For information about NSX-T cloud accounts, see Create an NSX-T cloud account in vRealize Automation Cloud.
For information about making network association changes after you have deployed a cloud template, see What happens if I remove an NSX cloud account association in vRealize Automation Cloud.
- If you want to add tags to support a tagging strategy, enter capability tags.
You can add tags now, or later when you edit the cloud account. For information about tagging, see How do I use tags to manage Cloud Assembly resources and deployments.
For more information about how capability tags and constraint tags help control deployment placements, see the Constraint Tags and Placement video tutorial.
- Click Save.
The cloud account is added and the selected data centers are available for the specified cloud zone. Collected data such as machines, networks, storage, and volumes is listed in the Resources section of the Infrastructure tab.
What to do next
Configure remaining infrastructure resources for this cloud account. See Building your Cloud Assembly resource infrastructure.