You can run a migration assessment against a single vRealize Automation 7, or vRealize Orchestrator source instance to determine migration readiness.
The migration assessment process includes connecting to your vRealize Automation 7 source instances and assessing the vRealize Automation 7 and embedded vRealize Orchestrator instances.
The migration assessment identifies what objects to carry over and migrate. You can review the assessment results and correct items in your source environment that are not correctly set up or ready for migration.
- From the Source Instance page, Click Add a Source Account.
- Select a vRealize Automation Cloud or vRealize Orchestrator source type.
- Enter the credentials of your vRealize Automation Cloud 7 or vRealize Orchestrator source environment.
Note: You must provide the vRealize Automation primary node's FQDN or an IP address for the source in the hostname text box. For example, test-n-88-087.test.vmware.com
- Select a Cloud Proxy from the cloud proxy dropdown.
Note: If you don't see your cloud proxy listed, ensure that the Cloud Assembly-migration service is enabled by navigating to and selecting Check for Upgrades.
- Click Validate and Save to validate and identify all the tenants that are available for migration.
Note: You must provide the system administrator and password of your source environment to identify all available tenants.
- In Allow migrations from these tenants, toggle and select which tenants you want to assess in vRealize Automation Cloud 8.
Note: To assess and migrate multi-tenant environments, you must manually create all tenants and run a migration from each tenant individually. All vRA 7 tenants are visible to vRA 8 tenants.Note: When running a migration assessment on an embedded vRealize Orchestrator only, do not select any tenants.
- (Optional) To run the migration on an embedded vRealize Orchestrator , select Enabled Assessment for the embedded vRealize Orchestrator.
- Click Save to finish the migration assessment of the selected source tenants.