If you previously downloaded VMware vRealize Automation ITSM Application for ServiceNow version 8.4 or later from the ServiceNow store, you can update it to version 8.5 or a later version in your instance.
You must be the system administrator in ServiceNow.
Deactivate these scheduled jobs that are specific to VMware vRealize Automation ITSM Application for ServiceNow:
vRA Import Project
vRA Import Catalog
vRA Import Resources and CMDB
vRA Delete Queue
vRA Reconcile Actions
You must ensure that no job queue data is running. If any job queue is running wait till it gets completed.
The user criteria scoped API plug-in must be installed. See Install the User Criteria Scoped API plug-in.
A data source choice list must be created. See Create a Data Source Choice in ServiceNow.
Ensure that you set the following flag to
truebefore you upgrade the plugin if there are any customization else skip this step.
Set the application scope to
- Log in to ServiceNow as a system administrator.
- In the left pane, click .
- Search for the VMware vRealize Automation ITSM Application 8.6.
- Select version 8.6 and click Update.
- Select the Load Demo Data checkbox and click Update.
The VMware vRealize Automation ITSM Application for ServiceNow version is updated to 8.6.Note:
The Service Portal is available as a default portal to view all the catalog items and all the existing entitlements for catalog items and day-2 actions for the users will be converted into user criteria.
- Provide the required access for the question_choice table. See Enable Application Access.
From version 8.2.2 of VMware vRealize Automation ITSM Application for ServiceNow, the ITIL role is not required.
- Delete all records from the day-2 action table, day-2 action catalog item client script, and day-2 action catalog item reference with variables:
- In the left pane, click System definition > Fix Scripts.
- On the Fix Scripts page, search for the vRA- remove Duplicate record.
- Open the vRA- remove Duplicate record script.
- Uncomment the script code.
- Click Run Fix Script then click Proceed in Background to run the script.
This script will remove all the records from the day-2 action table, day-2 action catalog item client script, and remove the day-2 action catalog item reference with variables resulting in orphan records. Depending upon the number of records, this operation can take some time.
- In the Related Links tab, click Show Progress Workers. Wait till the record State changes from Running to Complete.
- Comment the script code and click Update.
- Run the scheduled jobs:
- In the left pane, click .
- Activate all the scheduled jobs.
- Run the vRA Import Project first then run the vRA Import Catalog schedule job.
- Run the vRA Import Resources and CMDB scheduled job.