Before you can define an external IPAM integration point in vRealize Automation Cloud, you need a configured IPAM provider package.
You can download a provider-specific integration package from your IPAM provider's website or the VMware Marketplace.
Infoblox.zip, which is available for download from the VMware Marketplace as follows. While all packages are compatible with earlier vRealize Automation Cloud iterations, VMware recommends that you use the latest Infoblox package for the current vRealize Automation Cloud iteration.
- Infoblox plug-in version 1.4 - Compatible with the current vRealize Automation Cloud iteration and providing all the functionality of previous versions. With this version, you can use the same host name with a different DNS suffix for two NICs. See plug-in release notes for details.
- Infoblox plug-in version 1.3 - Compatible with the current vRealize Automation Cloud iteration and providing additional network data collection filters. See Control network data collection by using Infoblox filters in vRealize Automation Cloud.
- Infoblox plugin version 1.2
- Infoblox plugin version 1.1
- Infoblox plugin version 1.0
- Infoblox plugin version 0.4
IPAM integration with Infoblox depends on Infoblox WAPI version v2.7. All Infoblox appliances that support WAPI v2.7 are supported.
For information about how to create an IPAM integration package for other IPAM providers, if one does not already exist in the VMware Marketplace, see How do I use the IPAM SDK to create a provider-specific external IPAM integration package for vRealize Automation Cloud.
The IPAM provider package contains scripts that are packaged with metadata and other configurations. The scripts contain the source code used for the operations that vRealize Automation Cloud performs in coordination with the external IPAM provider. Example operations include Allocate an IP address for a virtual machine, Fetch a list of IP ranges from the provider, and Update the MAC address of a host record in the provider.
- Verify that you have cloud administrator credentials. See Credentials required for working with cloud accounts in vRealize Automation Cloud.
- Verify that you have the cloud administrator user role. See What are the vRealize Automation Cloud user roles.
- Verify that you have an account with the external IPAM provider, for example Infoblox or Bluecat, and that you have the correct access credentials to your organization's account with the IPAM provider.
- If you are using Infobox as your external IPAM provider, verify that you have added the required extensible attributes to your Infoblox account before continuing. See Add required extensible attributes in the Infoblox application for integration with vRealize Automation Cloud.
- Navigate to the correct Infoblox plug-in page, for example Infoblox plugin version 1.4.
See above for the Infoblox plugin options that are available in the VMware Marketplace.
- Log in and download the plug-in package.
- If you have not already done so, add the required extensible attributes in Infoblox. See Add required extensible attributes in the Infoblox application for integration with vRealize Automation Cloud.