For network and security purposes, you can create and associate an NSX-V cloud account with a vCenter cloud account.
An NSX-V cloud account can only be associated to one vCenter cloud account.
The association between NSX-V and a vCenter cloud account must be configured outside of vRealize Automation, specifically in your NSX application. vRealize Automation doesn't create the association between NSX and vCenter. In vRealize Automation, you specify an association that already exists in NSX.
- Verify that you have the required administrator credentials and have enabled HTTPS access on port 443. See Credentials required for working with cloud accounts in vRealize Automation Cloud.
- Verify that you have the cloud administrator user role. See What are the vRealize Automation Cloud user roles.
- Verify that you have a cloud proxy to use with this NSX cloud account. See Add a cloud proxy to a vCenter Server in Cloud Assembly.
- Verify that you have a vCenter cloud account to use with this NSX cloud account. See Create a vCenter cloud account in vRealize Automation Cloud.
- Verify that the cloud proxy VM is on and that the cloud proxy service is connected and running. See Verify that a cloud proxy is running on a target virtual machine.
- Select Add Cloud Account. and click
- Select the NSX-V account type and enter the NSX-V host IP address.
- Select an existing cloud proxy from the drop-down menu.
You can also create a new cloud proxy for this cloud account. See Add a cloud proxy to a vCenter Server in Cloud Assembly.
- Enter your NSX administrator credentials and click Validate.
The assets associated with the account are collected.
If the NSX host IP address is not available, or if the cloud proxy is not associated with the NSX host IP address in the vCenter Server on which the cloud proxy is deployed, then validation fails.
- If available, select the vCenter endpoint that represents the vCenter cloud account that you are associating with this NSX-V account.
Only vCenter cloud accounts that are not currently associated to an NSX-T or NSX-V cloud account are available for selection.
For information about making association changes after you have deployed a cloud template, see What happens if I remove an NSX cloud account association in vRealize Automation Cloud.
- If you want to add tags to support a tagging strategy, enter capability tags.
You can add or remove capability tags later. See How do I use tags to manage Cloud Assembly resources and deployments.
For information about how capability tags and constraint tags help control deployment placements, see the Constraint Tags and Placement video tutorial.
- Click Save.
What to do next
You can create or edit a vCenter cloud account to associate with this NSX cloud account. See Create a vCenter cloud account in vRealize Automation Cloud.
Create and configure one or more cloud zones for use with the data centers that are used by this cloud account. See Learn more about Cloud Assembly cloud zones.
Configure infrastructure resources for this cloud account. See Building your Cloud Assembly resource infrastructure.