As a cloud administrator, you can create an Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud account for account regions to which your team will deploy vRealize Automation Cloud cloud templates.
For authorized users, AWS cloud accounts support access to the AWS GovCloud configuration. This configuration supports most of the standard vRealize Automation Cloud cloud account functionality with regard to project configuration, tags, and infrastructure. In Cloud Assembly cloud templates, it does support use of AWS Platform as a Service (PaaS) properties.
The following procedure describes how to configure an AWS cloud account.
- Verify that you have the required administrator credentials and have enabled HTTPS access on port 443. See Credentials required for working with cloud accounts in vRealize Automation Cloud.
- Verify that you have the required user role. See What are the vRealize Automation Cloud user roles.
- Verify that you have required AWS administrator credentials.
- Select Add Cloud Account. and click
- Select the AWS account type, and enter credentials and other values.
- Click Validate.
The account regions associated with the account are collected.
- Select the regions to which you want to provision this resource.
- For efficiency, click Create a Cloud zone for the selected regions.
- If you need to add tags to support a tagging strategy, enter capability tags. See How do I use tags to manage Cloud Assembly resources and deployments and Creating a tagging strategy.
For more information about how capability tags and constraint tags help control deployment placements, see the Constraint Tags and Placement video tutorial.
- Click Add.
The account is added to vRealize Automation Cloud, and the selected regions are available for the specified cloud zone.
What to do next
Configure infrastructure resources for this cloud account.