To establish the connection between the vRealize Automation and the VMware vRealize Automation for ServiceNow ITSM application, the ServiceNow system administrator or application administrator must register the ITSM application to a vRealize Automation instance. To register the vRealize Automation for ServiceNow ITSM application with vRealize Automation on-premise, a MID server is required and its status must be Up and Validated.
You must be the system administrator or ITSM application admin in ServiceNow.
MID Server must be configured and its status must be Up and Validated.
- Log in to ServiceNow as a system administrator or ITSM application admin user.
- From the left pane, go to .
- From the Endpoint Type drop-down menu, select vRealize Automation (vRA).
- Enter the details of your vRealize Automation instance.
Name for the vRealize Automation instance.
Name of the MID Server that you created for use with vRealize Automation.
URL address for the vRealize Automation appliance.
User name as configured in the vRealize Automation.
Import jobs run only if the Active box is checked.
- Click Save and Import to register and import the vRealize Automation on-premise data in the vRealize Automation for ServiceNow ITSM application.
- Repeat steps from 2 to 5 to register additional vRealize Automation cloud endpoints.
If an endpoint is deactivated and reactivated again, then run the scheduled jobs again to reimport. Else, the user cannot perform any day 2 actions. See Configure and Run Import Jobs.