vRealize Business for Cloud | 11 APR 2019 | Build 13134973
Check for additions and updates to these release notes.
What's in the Release NotesThe release notes cover the following topics:
Cost Calculation Optimization
The cost calculation process has been optimized for Microsoft Azure cost allocation, cost driver reference synchronization and pricing.
- Included support for new Microsoft Azure APIs and deprecated old ones.
- The filter by month option is introduced for Public Reports API.
Support for VMware Identity Manager and vCloud Director
- vRealize Business for Cloud now supports VMware Identity Manager version 3.3
- vRealize Business for Cloud now supports vCloud Director version 9.7
Reference Library Enhancements
- The reference library is updated, and rate cards are refreshed.
- Performance improvements and fixes have been made in vRealize Business for Cloud reports.
Before upgrading to vRealize Business for Cloud 7.5, you must read the KB article 2151835.
- If you are running a vRealize Business for Cloud 6.x.x version, a direct upgrade is not supported. You must first upgrade to vRealize Business for Cloud 7.3.1 and then upgrade to 7.5 release.
- VMware vRealize Business for Cloud Installation and Administration Guide
- VMware vRealize Business for Cloud User's Guide
- VMware vRealize Business for Cloud Troubleshooting Guide
- Unable to see all the VMs present in vRealize for Business for a specific vCenter.
Unable to see all the VMs present in vRealize Business for Cloud for a specific vCenter. This happens because vRealize Business for Cloud ignores the VMs which has memory, vcpu and storage values as 0.
- Network Services count is displayed as zero for all the business units
When you add vCloud Connector, vCloud Director and NSX end points to vRealize Business for Cloud. The Network Services value is displayed as zero, this is incorrect.
1. Set the property 'cbmFeatureEnable' to 'true' in postgres table 'itfm_global_property' by executing the below commands.
/usr/ITFM-Cloud/va-tools/bin/db-client.sh update itfm_global_property set property_value='true' where property_name='cbmFeatureEnable';
2. Set the property 'cbmFeature.enable' to 'true' in the following application.conf file
File to be modified: /usr/local/facts-repo/conf/application.conf Property to be modified: cbmFeature.enable = true
3. Restart the following services
monit restart facts-repo monit restart itbm-server
4. Trigger data collection, post completion of which trigger cost-calculation.
- Unregistering vRealize Business for Cloud from VMware Identity Manager does not clear the groups created in VMware Identity Manager
When you unregister vRealize Business for Cloud from VMware Identity Manager using VMware vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, the groups created as a part of registration are not removed from VMware Identity Manager.
- In the administration console, click Users & Groups > Groups.
- Click 'vRBC_Administrator' group.
- Click Delete Group in Group Info page.
- Repeat step 2 and 3 for 'vRBC_Controller' and 'vRBC_ViewOnly' groups.
- The budget for units with names that contain non-ASCII characters cannot be saved
When you create a virtual machine and template folder containing non-ASCII characters in vCenter Server and attempt to save the budget, the unit budgets are not saved.
- A pop-up window is displayed at the right bottom of the screen when you login to remote data collector user interface
If you login to the remote Data Collector user interface, a pop window is displayed at the right bottom of the screen. The pop up is displayed due to some unnecessary API calls and is benign in nature.
- Attempt to upload a comma separated value (CSV) file fails with an error message
When you attempt to upload a comma separated value (CSV) file in a setup which has vRealize Business for Cloud 7.4 integrated with vRealize Automation 7.4, the upload fails with the following error message:Invalid CSV file input for importing server hardware groups
Workaround: Upload the CSV files using the URL https://<vRB-ip>/itfm-cloud/vraLogin.html. For more information, see KB article 70940.