You can deploy the vRealize Business for Cloud virtual appliance by using a vSphere client on the vCenter Server. The vRealize Business for Cloud virtual appliance will be in the OVA format.
Log in to the vSphere server by using a vSphere client or web client as a user with administrator privileges.
Verify that your system meets all the requirements as described in vRealize Business for Cloud System Requirements.
Verify that you have deployed and configured the VMware identity virtual appliance in your cloud environment. See vRealize Automation Installation Guide.
Verify that you have deployed and configured the vRealize Automation virtual appliance in your cloud environment. See vRealize Automation Installation Guide.
- In the vSphere Client, select .
- Browse to the OVA file, select it, and click Next.
- On the OVF Template Details pane, click Next.
- Accept the End User License Agreement and click Next.
- On the Name and Location pane, type a unique virtual appliance name according to the IT naming convention of your organization and click Next.
If more than one data center is present, select the data center on which to deploy the virtual appliance.
- On the Host/Cluster pane, select the host or cluster on which to deploy the virtual appliance, and click Next.
- On the Storage pane, select the storage location on which to store the virtual appliance, and click Next.
- On the Disk Format pane, select Thick Provision Lazy Zeroed as the disk format and click Next.
- In the Network Mapping pane, select the destination network and click Next.
- On the Properties pane,
Set the root user password for your appliance.
Select the currency of your choice.
China Yuan Renminbi
Hong Kong Dollar
Korean (South) Won
New Zealand Dollar
Saudi Arabian Riyal
Taiwan New Dollar
South Africa Rand
You cannot change the currency configuration after deploying vRealize Business for Cloud. If you do not select a currency, US Dollar (USD) is selected, by default.
To deploy the vRealize Business for Cloud server, select the Enable Server option. If you are deploying only a data collector for remote access, deselect this option.
Select the Enable SSH Service option for remote access to virtual machine Linux console. It is recommended to enable this option only if debugging of the appliance is required. You can also enable SSL from the vRealize Business for Cloud web console. See Enable or Disable SSH Settings.
Select the Join the VMware Customer Experience Improvement Program option to allow VMware to collect technical details about vRealize Business for Cloud usage. This information is automatically collected every seven days.
Configure the default gateway, DNS, static IP address, and netmask values. It is recommended to configure the default gateway, DNS, IP address, and netmask values manually.
- Select Power on after deployment, and click Finish to confirm the settings and begin the deployment.
The process of deploying the vRealize Business for Cloud virtual appliance might take a few minutes.
What to do next
Start your appliance. See Start the vRealize Business for Cloud Appliance.