You can compare the cloud cost by adding new virtual machines to your private cloud or by using the existing virtual machines as a template. vRealize Business for Cloud calculates and displays the cost of running virtual machines with similar configurations in your private cloud, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, vCloud Hybrid Service, or any other public cloud provider that is added and imported in vRealize Business for Cloud.
- Log in to the vRealize Automation interface at https://vRealize_Automation_host_name/vcac/org/tenant_URL by using credentials of a tenant administrator.
- Click Business Management.
- Under Planning, click Cloud Comparison.
- Select Compare new VMs to Cloud.
- (Optional) Select the data center that contains the virtual machines for which you want to compare and analyze costs.
- Click the Add VM Group link to add new virtual machines group.
- Modify the virtual machine settings according to your requirements and click Save.
The new virtual machine group is added. The corresponding cost details are updated for your private cloud and for other public cloud providers that you have imported in vRealize Business for Cloud.Note:
The location you select applies to all group configurations. For the existing group configurations from the earlier vRealize Business for Cloud, the top used location is assigned to all configurations. You cannot assign different location for each group configuration.
- Click the Use current VMs as template link to use the virtual machines from your private cloud as templates.
Browse and select the virtual machine that you want to import.
Search and select the virtual machine that you want to import. You can search the virtual machines according to name, tag, or folder.
The selected virtual machine is added. The corresponding cost details are updated for your private cloud and other public cloud providers. If you select more than one virtual machine, vRealize Business for Cloud groups the virtual machines together according to their CPU, RAM, and operating system configurations, and shows the number of virtual machines in this group. vRealize Business for Cloud names the group according to the search phrase or the category selected in the browse option.