You can edit the monthly cost per storage GB based on data stores and storage type of your cloud environment. The storage hardware is categorized according to the data store storage profile or tags and storage type.
- Log in to the vRealize Automation interface at https://vRealize_Automation_host_name/vcac/org/tenant_URL by using credentials of a tenant administrator.
- Click Business Management.
- Under Infrastructure, click Private Cloud (vSphere).
- Select Expenses (vSphere) and click Edit Expenses.
- Select the Storage On Demand tab.
vRealize Business for Cloud categorizes and displays the storage details according to storage category and storage type for the data stores that are not part of Virtual SAN or EMC SRM managed storage arrays.
Storage Category or Storage Type
Storage Category allows you select a tag category, which displays the storage profile for data stores and also the tags associated with the category.Note:
If you have performed a fresh installation of vCenter Server 6.0, and not assigned tags to the data stores, vRealize Business for Cloud displays storage category for data stores as uncategorized.
If you are using earlier versions of vCenter Server like 5.1.x or 5.5.x, vRealize Business for Cloud displays the storage profile for data stores.
Storage Type displays the storage details in different types - Block Device, Fiber Channel, and SAN if you view the storage cost based on storage type. If the data store is not on any of the storage device type, vRealize Business for Cloud displays the data store as uncategorized.Note:
If you are using vCenter Server 6.0, vRealize Business for Cloud displays the storage type data stores as uncategorized.
Displays the total number of data stores for a specific profile or type. You can click the datastore value to see list of datastores and its details such as monthly cost, total GB for each datastore.
Displays the total storage for a specific profile or type.
Displays the reference cost.
Monthly Cost Per GB
Displays the monthly cost per GB for a specific profile or type.
Displays the total monthly cost for a specific profile or type.
- (Optional) Select a data center from the All Data Centers drop-down list to view or edit the storage information of a specific the data center.
- To edit the storage cost, perform the following steps.
- Select the Storage Category or Storage Type.
- Click on the Monthly Cost Per GB field of an entry in the table for which you want to update the cost.
- Modify the cost value.
- Click Save to save the storage monthly cost changes.
According to your updated values, vRealize Business for Cloud re-calculates and displays the monthly cost of your storage.