You can upgrade the vRealize Business for Cloud (earlier known as, vRealize Business Standard) virtual appliance by using the vRealize Business for Cloud web console.
Take a snapshot of the virtual appliance and back up the database.
Verify that you have upgraded vRealize Automation to 6.x.x and 7.x.x.
- Log in to the web console at https://vRealize_Business_for_Cloud_IP_address:5480.
- Download all the vRealize Automation reports.
For more information, see https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2151835.
- Unregister vRealize Business for Cloud with vRealize Automation.
- Click the Update tab.
- Click Check Updates to see the available updates and to enable the Install Updates option.
- Click Install Updates.
- After successful upgrade, perform one of the following steps to shutdown the virtual appliance manually.
Log into the vSphere client or vCloud Director client and power off the virtual appliance.Note:
Do not use the Shut Down Guest option.
Log into virtual appliance and run the shutdown command.
- Change the hardware configuration of the virtual appliance to 8 GB RAM and 4 vCPUs.
- Power on the virtual appliance manually on the vSphere client or vCloud Director client.
The upgrade process is complete.
- Re-register vRealize Business for Cloud with vRealize Automation.
- For the first login after upgrade, you are prompted to enter the new license key.
The earlier license key does not work. Also, if you had configured an AWS account in the earlier version, you must reconfigure your AWS account. For more information, see Configuring Amazon Web Services.