You can upgrade to an intermediate version of vRealize Business for Cloud. By default, the Update tab in the virtual appliance displays the latest vRealize Business for Cloud version.
Take a snapshot of the vRealize Business for Cloud virtual appliance and back up the database.
Verify that you have upgraded vRealize Automation to the supported version of vRealize Business for Cloud.
- Log in to the web console at https://vRealize_Business_for_Cloud_IP_address:5480.
- Download all the vRealize Automation reports.
For more information, see https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2151835.
- Unregister vRealize Business for Cloud with vRealize Automation.
- Click Settings.
- Under Update Repository, select Use Specified Repository.
- Copy the default repository URL and paste it in the URL field.
For 1.0.1 version, the URL is https://vapp-updates.vmware.com/vai-catalog/valm/vmw/a1ba78af-ec67-4333-8e25-a4be022f97c7/220.127.116.11.latest.
- Update the version number in URL to the version that you want to upgrade.
To upgrade to 1.1 version, replace /18.104.22.168.latest to /22.214.171.124. For example, https://vapp-updates.vmware.com/vai-catalog/valm/vmw/a1ba78af-ec67-4333-8e25-a4be022f97c7/126.96.36.199.
- Click Save Settings.
- Click Check Updates to see the available updates and to enable the Install Updates option.
- Click Install Updates.
- (Optional) If you are upgrading from version 1.0 or 1.0.1 to version 1.1, perform the following steps to re-register vRealize Business Standard with vRealize Automation.
- Log into the virtual appliance with the root credentials.
- Open the catalina.properties file located at /usr/local/tcserver/vfabric-tc-server-standard/itbm-server/conf/.
- Copy the SSL keystore password specified in the bio-ssl.ssl.keystore.password parameter.
- Using the vi command, open the following files located at /usr/sbin/ and replace the SSL keystore password set in the -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=keystore.password.to.be.replaced\ property for each file.
- After successful upgrade, perform one of the following steps to reboot the virtual appliance manually.
Log into the web console, navigate to the System tab, and click Reboot.
Log into virtual appliance and run the reboot command.
The upgrade process is complete.
- Re-register vRealize Business for Cloud with vRealize Automation.
- For the first login after upgrade, you are prompted to enter the new license key.
The earlier license key does not work. Also, if you had configured an AWS account in the earlier version, you must reconfigure your AWS account. For more information, see Configuring Amazon Web Services.