You can compare the cloud cost by importing virtual machines from your private cloud. vRealize Business for Cloud calculates and displays the cost of running virtual machines with similar configurations in your private cloud, Amazon Web Services, and Microsoft Azure, vCloud Hybrid Service, or any other public cloud provider that you had already added and imported in vRealize Business for Cloud.
- Log in to vRealize Business for Cloud as an administrator at:
https://vRealize_Automation_host_name/vcac/org/tenant_URL (for the vRealize Automation integrated setup)
https://vRealize_Business_for_Cloud_host_name/itfm-cloud(for the vRealize Business for Cloud standalone setup)
- Click Business Management.
- Under Planning, click Cloud Comparison.
- Select Compare existing VMs across clouds.
- Click the Import VMs link to browse or search the virtual machine that you want to import. You can search for virtual machines based on the name, tag, or folder.
Each virtual machines gets its own group after import. The selected virtual machine is added. The corresponding cost details are updated for your private cloud and other public cloud providers.