To register your data collector with vRealize Business for Cloud, you must generate a one-time key in the vRealize Business for Cloud server.
Verify that you have deployed and configured the data collector and a vRealize Business for Cloud server. See Deploying a Remote Data Collector
- Log in to vRealize Business for Cloud as an administrator.
https://vRealize_Automation_host_name/vcac/org/tenant_URL (for the vRealize Automation integrated setup)
https://vRealize_Business_for_Cloud_host_name/itfm-cloud(for the vRealize Business for Cloud standalone setup)
- Click the Administration tab.
- Click Business Management.
Ignore this step for the vRealize Business for Cloud standalone setup.
- Click Manage Data Collection, and select Remote Data Collection.
- Click the Generate a new one time use key link.
You see a key on the Success dialog box.Note:
The key is active for 20 minutes only.
- Copy or note down the key.
- Click OK.
What to do next
Log into the data collection manager of the remote data collector on the 9443 port and use the one-time key to register your collector. See Register a Remote Data Collector with vRealize Business for Cloud Server.