You can update your vRealize Business for Cloud 7.x.x virtual appliance from an ISO file that the appliance reads from the virtual CD-ROM drive.
Take a snapshot of the virtual appliance.
Verify that you have downloaded the updated ISO file from the VMware.com web site.
Add a CD-ROM drive to a virtual machine in the vCenter Server client. For more information, see the Configure a Datastore ISO File for the DVD/CD-ROM Drive topic in the vSphere Client topic in the vSphere documentation.Note:
Before updating the vRealize Automation appliances, enable all CD-ROM drives you use in your upgrade.
- Log in to the web console at https://vRealize_Business_for_Cloud_IP_address:5480.
- Download all the vRealize Automation reports.
For more information, see https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2151835.
- Unregister vRealize Business for Cloud from vRealize Automation or VMware Identity Manager.
- Click Settings.
- Under Update Repository, select Use CD-ROM Updates.
- Click Save Settings.
- Click Check Updates to see the available updates and to enable the Install Updates option.
- Click Install Updates.
- After successful upgrade, perform one of the following steps to shutdown the virtual appliance manually.
Log into the vSphere client or vCloud Director client and power off the virtual appliance.Note:
Do not use the Shut Down Guest option.
Log into virtual appliance and run the shutdown command.
- Change the hardware configuration of the virtual appliance to 8 GB RAM and 4 vCPUs.
- Power on the virtual appliance manually on the vSphere client or vCloud Director client.
The upgrade process is complete.
- Re-register vRealize Business for Cloud with vRealize Automation or VMware Identity Manager.
- Enter the new license key.
The earlier license key does not work. Also, if you had configured an AWS account in the earlier version, you must reconfigure your AWS account. For more information, see Configuring Amazon Web Services.