By default, you can see Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and VMware vCloud Air are added in vRealize Business for Cloud. You can also add your own public cloud account to vRealize Business for Cloud and then compare the cost of virtual machine groups against the private cloud and with other public clouds like AWS, Azure, or vCloud Air.
Verify that you have a DRL file or an XLS file with all the requisite information in the specified format to add your public cloud.
- Log in to vRealize Business for Cloud as an administrator.
https://vRealize_Automation_host_name/vcac/org/tenant_URL (for the vRealize Automation integrated setup)
https://vRealize_Business_for_Cloud_host_name/itfm-cloud(for the vRealize Business for Cloud standalone setup)
- Click the Administration tab.
- Click Business Management.
Ignore this step for the vRealize Business for Cloud standalone setup.
- Click Manage Hybrid & Public Cloud Connections.
- Select Cloud Providers for Comparison, and click the add option icon.
- In the Add Cloud Provider dialog box, update the cloud provider details.
Cloud Provider Name
(Optional) Type the cloud provider name.
(Optional) Type the URL of the cloud provider.
(Optional) Upload the logo of your cloud provider.
Click to download the cloud provider comparison template
To download the template of the DRL or XLS file for updating the configuration of your cloud according to the specified format. For more information, the following topics:
Update the DRL file for Cloud Comparison
Update the XLS file for Cloud Comparison
Upload settings file
Click the Browse to locate the file link and select your configuration file.
- Click Save and click OK in the Success dialog.
- To modify the pricing of the existing cloud provider, perform the following steps.
- Click the edit option.
- Click the download current settings option.
- Open the DRL or XLS file, make the required changes and save the file.
- Click the Browse to locate the file link and select your configuration file.
- Click Save to save your cloud provider details.
- To delete an instance, select the instance from the table, click the delete icon in the instance row and click Delete in the confirmation dialog box.
If the DRL file or the XLS file is valid, the public cloud account is added to vRealize Business for Cloud.
What to do next
You can use this account in the Cloud Comparison tab to compare the cost of your cloud provider with other public cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, or vCloud Air.