You can compare cost of private cloud providers with public cloud providers in vRealize Business for Cloud to plan the cost of virtual machines.
If you want to compare with your own public cloud, add a public cloud. For more information, see vRealize Business Installation and Administration Guide.
- Log in to vRealize Business for Cloud as an administrator.
https://vRealize_Automation_host_name/vcac/org/tenant_URL (for the vRealize Automation integrated setup)
https://vRealize_Business_for_Cloud_host_name/itfm-cloud(for the vRealize Business for Cloud standalone setup)
- Click Business Management.
- Click Cloud Comparison.
- Select Compare new VMs across Clouds or Compare existing VMs across Clouds. .
- Click Manage Cloud Providers.
- Drag and drop the cloud providers that you want to compare with the private cloud.
If you have added your own public cloud, scroll down to drag and drop.
- Click Done.
The account that you have selected is added to vRealize Business for Cloud Cloud Comparison tab for both the Compare new VMs to Cloud and Compare existing VMs to Cloud links, and accordingly, the cost calculation for the selected virtual machines is updated.