Before you add a non-EA account to vRealize Business for Cloud, you need to configure the account.
You must have a Microsoft Azure non-EA account with one of the following credits offers.
- Log in to Azure portal at https://manage.windowsazure.com by using your Microsoft account credentials.
- On the left navigation panel, click Azure Active Directory.
- Select App registrations.
- Click New application registration to create a new application.
- Provide the required details and click Create.
Enter a suitable name. You must remember the name to use it during later stage of the configuration.
Select Web app/API for Application type.
Enter https://vmware.com for Sign-on URL.
Creating an application might take a few seconds. After the application is created, you see all the applications created in your account.
- Select the application that you created.
- On the Settings panel, select Keys and enter the required key details:
- Enter a suitable description.
- Select the expiry duration.
- Click Save.
You see the secret key on the Value text box.
- Copy the text from the Value text box.
Ensure that you save this key on a notepad. After you exit the screen, you cannot see the key for later use in vRealize Business for Cloud.
- Copy and save the Application ID on a notepad.
You must enter this application ID as the client ID in vRealize Business for Cloud.
- On the left navigation pane, click Subscriptions and select the subscription that you want to add in vRealize Business for Cloud for retrieving the cost information.
- On the selected subscription left pane, select Access Control (IAM) and click Add.
- On the Add permissions pane, perform the following steps:
- Select Reader from the Role drop down list.
- Enter the name of the application that you had provided in step 5.
- Select the application that you created from the list.
- Click Save.
- (Optional) : If you have additional subscriptions in your application, repeat the step 9 through step 11 for each subscription.