You can configure either to set the compute rate of resources (CPU, memory and storage) automatically based on running cost or to edit manually during vCenter Server pricing policy creation.
- Log in to vRealize Business for Cloud as an administrator.
https://vRealize_Automation_host_name/vcac/org/tenant_URL (for the vRealize Automation-integrated vRealize Business for Cloud setup)
https://vRealize_Business_for_Cloud_host_name/itfm-cloud(for the vRealize Business for Cloud standalone setup)
- Click the Administration tab.
- Click Business Management.
Ignore this step for the vRealize Business for Cloud standalone setup.
- Expand Calculation Preferences and click Pricing Update Strategy.
- Set the mode to Manual or Auto.
By default, manual mode is selected. After first time deployment, vRealize Business for Cloud populates the running cost, which you can edit while editing the vCenter Server pricing policy.
If you change this to the auto mode, vRealize Business for Cloud assigns the running cost of each resource to its corresponding compute rate, which you can modify.