You can set a budget for the consumers added to vRealize Business for Cloud. The consumer budgeting is disabled, by default.
Verify that you have defined the consumer categorization in Business Unit List. See Edit the Business Hierarchy.
- Log in to vRealize Business for Cloud as an administrator.
https://vRealize_Automation_host_name/vcac/org/tenant_URL (for the vRealize Automation integrated setup)
https://vRealize_Business_for_Cloud_host_name/itfm-cloud(for the vRealize Business for Cloud standalone setup)
- Click Business Management.
- Expand Consumption, select Pricing and Charges.
- Click .
- Select Edit Budget.
- Select the Enable consumer budgeting option.
- Select the budget type.
You can update the budget for a particular month, for a quarter, or for a year.
If you update the budget for a year, the amount is distributed for each month equally. If you update the quarterly budget, the amount is distributed for three months in the selected quarter.
- Enter the budget value in the table for the required consumer.
- (Optional) Click Export to export a budget data in XLS format.
The data is exported on monthly basis.
- (Optional) Click Import and select the XLS budget file to import the updated budget values.
The XLS file must be in monthly format only.
- (Optional) Click Get Template to get a template file for updating the budget values, which you can import later.
- Click Save to save the updated budget values.