You can view the information related to total cost of virtual machines in your environment and the average cost of all the virtual machines. You can also view detailed information related to CPU, RAM, and storage cost related to a particular virtual machine.
About this task
The cost values are displayed as zero in the beginning of the month as there is no utilization on which cost can be computed.
- Log in to vRealize Business for Cloud as an administrator.
https://vRealize_Automation_host_name/vcac/org/tenant_URL (for the vRealize Automation integrated setup)
https://vRealize_Business_for_Cloud_host_name/itfm-cloud(for the vRealize Business for Cloud standalone setup)
- Click Business Management.
- Expand Expenses and expand Private Cloud (vSphere).
- Expand Operational Analysis, click Private Cloud (vSphere).
- Select the Compute tab.
All the live virtual machines in your cloud environment are displayed according to the generation of server that they belong to.
- Click the link where the number of live virtual machines is displayed.
vRealize Business for Cloud displays all the virtual machines belonging to a particular generation. The number of vCPUs, CPU cost, RAM cost, storage cost, direct virtual machine cost, and total cost of the virtual machine that you have selected is displayed.
- To view the ESXi host details to which the virtual machine belongs to and to view the virtual machine resource cost history, click the icon.
The name or IP address, configuration, and the host cluster information of the virtual machine is displayed. The resource cost history of the virtual machine is displayed in a graphical manner where the X axis represents the month and the Y axis represents the cost in dollars for that month.
- To view all the servers belonging to a particular generation, click the link where the number of servers is listed.
The ESXi host name and description is displayed.
- Select the Storage tab, to see the list of all data stores and it its details such as base rate, total capacity, used capacity, total cost and unallocated cost. You can also determine whether the data store is a part of EMC SRM managed storage array or not based on the value in the Source field (EMC SRM Managed Storage or Other).