You can add or edit a pricing policy and use the policy to determine the cost of virtual machines.
- Log in to vRealize Business for Cloud as an administrator.
https://vRealize_Automation_host_name/vcac/org/tenant_URL (for the vRealize Automation integrated setup)
https://vRealize_Business_for_Cloud_host_name/itfm-cloud(for the vRealize Business for Cloud standalone setup)
- Click Business Management.
- Expand Consumption, select Pricing and Charges.
- Select Pricing, click Edit and select Edit Pricing.
- Select Private Cloud (vSphere) tab.
- Expand a policy, custom policy or any private cloud provider.
- Select the Compute or Storage tabs.
- Perform the following on the Add Custom Policy page.
- Enter the policy name.
- To select an infrastructure, click Edit next to the Infrastructure option. For more information, see the Edit Identification Infrastructure section in the guide.
- Enter the compute rate and storage rate for the policy. You can use the storage policy to determine the storage price.
- To add a calculation method and rate for additional services, click Edit next to the Additional Services. For more information see, Add or Edit Additional Service Cost section in the guide.
You see the running cost for CPU, memory and storage resources. Running cost is calculated based on the allocation or utilization pricing method that you configure on the Administration tab ( ) for each resource.
If you have set the allocation pricing method for CPU, you see the vCPU daily price and if you have set the utilization pricing method, you see the GHz CPU daily price.
- Click Save.
The pricing policy is created. By default, the policy is deactivated, which means inactive. The inactivate policies are not charged during pricing.
- Select Active to activate the policy.
You can deactivate the policy by selecting Inactivate.