vRealize Business for Cloud supports cross-infrastructure policy by not limiting the additional services to a policy.
- Log in to vRealize Business for Cloud as an administrator.
https://vRealize_Automation_host_name/vcac/org/tenant_URL (for the vRealize Automation integrated setup)
https://vRealize_Business_for_Cloud_host_name/itfm-cloud(for the vRealize Business for Cloud standalone setup)
- Click Business Management.
- Select Pricing, click Edit and select Edit Pricing.
- Select the infrastructure tab for which you want to modify.
Based on your selection, the policy options varies.
- Click Cross-Infrastructure Policy.
- Click the add option in the Additional Services window.
- Select an inventory item from the Identification list.
Based on your selection, the tag value field is filled.Note:
You can add price for the Fault Tolerant property of virtual machines that exists in vCenter Server only. The pricing is not supported for fault tolerant virtual machines that are part of other endpoints.
You can configure whether to set the rate for Virtual Infrastructure Labor and Operating System Labor services by using the configclient.py utility. Run the following command on the appropriate folder in the shell prompt:
configclient.py SET -k pricing.additional.createByDefault -v true.
- Select a tag value from the list.
- Select one of the calculation method.
Sets a defined rate for the particular virtual machine that is associated with this policy or tag, remains same everyday.
% Over Compute
Adds defined percentage value in addition to the compute cost.
% Over Storage
Adds defined percentage value in addition to the storage cost.
% Total Cost
Adds defined cost percentage value in addition to the compute cost and storage cost.
Fixed One Time Fee
Adds the defined rate to the virtual machine in the first month after first deployment. So this is the cost for the one time setup.
- Enter the rate of percentage or the rate for updating the pricing policy for the virtual machines.
- Click Save to save the additional service cost to the virtual machines.
The cross-infrastructure value appears in the additional services section of each policy, which is greyed. You can edit or delete this value from the Cross-Infrastructure Policy link.