You can view the power states of vCenter Server virtual machines on daily basis for a specific month and its corresponding duration. This helps in reconciliation of virtual machine charge discrepancy during billing.
Verify that you have added vCenter Server to vRealize Business for Cloud.
- Log in to vRealize Business for Cloud as an administrator.
https://vRealize_Automation_host_name/vcac/org/tenant_URL (for the vRealize Automation integrated setup)
https://vRealize_Business_for_Cloud_host_name/itfm-cloud(for the vRealize Business for Cloud standalone setup)
- Click Business Management.
- Expand Consumption, select Showback.
- Under Data Sets, click Virtual Machines.
- Scroll to the right of the table to see the Monthly Uptime (Hours) column.
- Double-click the monthly uptime value for a vCenter Server virtual machine.
If the virtual machine is part of public cloud or any private cloud other than vCenter Server, or if the virtual machine was not powered on in that specific month, you see the following message:
No up-time samples found for this VM. Either it is a non-vCenter VM or this VM was not powered-on at all in the current month.
You see detailed information about the virtual machine's power status and its duration for each day of the specific month.