To install vRealize Business for Cloud on vCloud Director, you must download the appliance. For information about adding vApps, see the vCloud Director documentation.
About this task
For information about the list of currencies that are supported in vRealize Business for Cloud, see Currencies Supported in vRealize Business for Cloud.
Deploy vCloud Director 5.1 or later.
Log in to the vCloud Director as a user with administrator privileges.
Verify that the system meets all the requirements as described in vRealize Business for Cloud System Requirements.
If you plan to use the vRealize Automation-integrated vRealize Business for Cloud setup, verify that you have deployed and configured the vRealize Automation virtual appliance in your cloud environment. See vRealize Automation documentation.
If you plan to use the vRealize Business for Cloud standalone setup, verify that you have deployed and configured VMware Identity Manager in your cloud environment. See VMware Identity Manager documentation.Note:
Installation of VMware Identity Manager does not require a license key.
Convert OVA format to OVF format. See https://www.vmware.com/support/developer/ovf/. Verify that the .ovf and .vmdk files are in the same folder.
- Log in to vCloud Director and select the organization in which to deploy vRealize Business for Cloud.
- Select the Catalog and click the vApp Templates tab.
- Click the Upload icon.
- In the Upload OVF as a Template window, provide the requested information.
Configure the IP allocation from the static pool.
- If a certificate warning appears, click OK to continue uploading the appliance.
- Right-click the uploaded template, select Add to My Cloud, and follow the prompts to add a vApp.
In the Custom Properties pane, set the root user password for the appliance.
Define networking properties for the appliance.
Select the currency of your choice.Note:
You cannot change the currency configuration after deploying vRealize Business for Cloud. If you do not select a currency, US Dollar (USD) is selected, by default.
To deploy the vRealize Business for Cloud server, select the Enable Server option. If you are deploying only a data collector for remote access, deselect this option.Note:
For deploying remote data collectors, ensure that the data collector is on the same LAN where your vCenter Server setups are deployed. In case of embedded data collectors, deploy vRealize Business for Cloud on the same LAN where your vCenter Server setups are deployed.
Select the Enable SSH Service option for remote access to virtual machine Linux console. It is recommended to enable this option only if debugging of the appliance is required. You can also enable Secure Socket Shell (SSH) from the vRealize Business for Cloud web console. See Enable or Disable SSH Settings.
Select the Join the VMware Customer Experience Improvement Program option to allow VMware to collect technical details about vRealize Business for Cloud usage. This information is automatically collected every seven days.
- In the Custom Hardware pane, click Next.
- In the Ready to Complete pane, click Finish.
- Navigate to My Cloud.
- Right-click the vRealize Business for Cloud virtual machine and select Properties.
- On the Guest OS Customization tab, select Enable guest customization, deselect Allow local administrator password, and click OK.
- Right-click the newly added vApp and select Start.
What to do next
Start your appliance. See Start the vRealize Business for Cloud Appliance.