You can add or modify an AWS account that you want to track and analyze by using vRealize Business for Cloud.
For a paying account, verify that you have an account ID, access key, secret key, and the S3 bucket name for the AWS account. Also, verify that you have enabled the detailed billing report with resources and tags in AWS.
For a non-paying account, if you want to view the resource-level information, verify that you have an account ID, access key, and secret key for the AWS account.
For more information, see vRealize Business for CloudUser Guide.
- Log in to vRealize Business for Cloud or data collection manager:
If you are using a vRealize Automation-integrated vRealize Business for Cloud setup, log in at https://vRealize_Automation_host_name/vcac/org/tenant_URL by using credentials of a tenant administrator, click Administration and Business Management.
If you are using a vRealize Business for Cloud standalone setup, log in at https://vRealize_Business_for_Cloud_host_name/itfm-cloud as an administrator and click Business Management.
If you are using a remote data collector, log in to https://Remote_Data_Collector_IP_address:9443/dc-ui/login.html by using the root user credentials.
- Click Manage Public Cloud Connections.
- Select Amazon Web Services and click the add option.
- Type the name, description, account ID, access key, secret key, and S3 bucket name (for paying account).
- To set an account to be a paying account in vRealize Business for Cloud, select the Is Paying account option.
You must enable detailed billing report with resources and tags in AWS for the paying accounts.
- Click Save and click OK in the Success dialog box.
The linked accounts associated with the paying account are discovered and the cost and usage information for these accounts are visible in vRealize Business for Cloud. To view the resource level information of a linked account, you must edit the account instance and enter the access key and secret key for that account.
- To edit the details, select the instance entry from the table, click the edit option, modify the details, click Save and click OK in the Success dialog box.
- To delete an instance, select the instance from the table, click the delete icon in the instance row and click Delete in the confirmation dialog box.