You can register vRealize Business for Cloud with vRealize Operations Manager 6.6 and earlier to get the cost and operational details of the vRealize Operations Manager or of the vRealize Automation-integrated vRealize Business for Cloud setup.
You cannot register vRealize Business for Cloud with vRealize Operations Manager 6.7 and later.
You must deploy vRealize Business for Cloud.
You must have the administrator login credentials of vRealize Operations Manager.
If you are registering a vRealize Automation-integrated vRealize Business for Cloud setup, you must have the vRealize Automation login credentials.
- Log in to vRealize Operations Manager.
- In the left pane, click .
- Select VMwarevRealize Business for Cloud and click the Configure icon.
- Enter a name for the adapter instance.
- Enter the IP address of the vRealize Business for Cloud server to which you want to connect.
- To verify that the connection is successful, click Test Connection.
- Click Advanced Settings, and in the Collectors/Groups option, select which vRealize Operations Manager collector is used to manage the adapter process.
If you have one adapter instance, select Default collector group.
If you have multiple collectors in your environment, and you want to distribute the workload to optimize performance, select the collector to manage the adapter processes for this instance.
- To complete the configuration of the adapter and close the Manage Solution dialog box, click Save Settings.
- Click vRealize Operations Manager user interface.
You see the Business Management option in the left navigation panel.
- To see confirm the security, click the certificate link on the footer of the user interface and accept the certificate.
- Log in to vRealize Business for Cloud.
If you have added vRealize Business for Cloud stand-alone setup, enter the vRealize Business for Cloud credentials.
If you have added vRealize Automation-integrated vRealize Business for Cloud setup, enter vRealize Automation credentials and the tenant name.Note:
The session is valid for eight hours only. You must log in again when the session expires.
If you have added VMware Identity Manager-integrated vRealize Business for Cloud setup, enter the VMware Identity Manager credentials.
You see the vRealize Business for Cloud Overview page.