You can compare the cost of data centers by adding new virtual machines or by importing the existing virtual machines and plan on which data center you can deploy your virtual machine. You can create the virtual machine groups and compare cost across any three data centers.
- Log in to vRealize Business for Cloud as an administrator.
https://vRealize_Automation_host_name/vcac/org/tenant_URL (for the vRealize Automation integrated setup)
https://vRealize_Business_for_Cloud_host_name/itfm-cloud (for the vRealize Business for Cloud standalone setup)
- Click Business Management.
- Expand What-If Analysis.
- Select Data Center Comparison.
By default, vRealize Business for Cloud selects three data centers and displays the cost of running a default virtual machines group on each data centers.
- To verify the cost on a different data center, click Manage Cloud Providers.
You see the list of all existing data centers that you can select to compare the cost.
- Drag and drop the data center that you want to select for cost comparison and click Done.
You can modify the selection of all three data centers.
You see the cost of running a default virtual machine group on the selected data centers and compare the cost on each of the data centers.
- Perform one of the following steps to add virtual machines for cloud comparison.
Click the Add VM Group link to add new virtual machines group.
Click the Use current VMs as template link to select the virtual machines that you want to import from your private cloud.
Click the Import from Blueprint link to import a blueprint from vRealize Automation.Note:
This option is available only under.
Ensure that the blueprint has a vSphere component and belongs to the same tenant.
Ensure that vRealize Business for Cloud is integrated with vRealize Automation 7.0 or later.
- (Optional) Modify the virtual virtual machine settings according to your requirements and click Save.
You can see the cost of the virtual machines with the specified configurations on three data centers. If the configuration does not match the data center configuration, you see the message stating that the configuration does not match.