You must assign the vRealize Business for Cloud roles to the users in the VMware Identity Manager to access vRealize Business for Cloud standalone user interface.
Verify that you have deployed VMware Identity Manager and have the administrator access. For more information, see VMware Identity Manager documentation.
- Log in to the VMware Identity Manager virtual appliance at https://VMware_Identity_Manager_hostname as an administrator.
- Click Users & Groups.
You can see the following vRealize Business for Cloud roles in the list.
vRBC_Administrator, which has the administrator privileges.
vRBC_Controller, which has view access to specific business units.
vRBC_ViewOnly, which has the read-only privileges.
- Click the vRealize Business for Cloud role that you want to assign to a user.
- Perform the steps applicable to your VMware Identity Manager version.
For VMware Identity Manager 2.7 and earlier
Select Users in This Group and click Modify Users in This Group.
Enter the user name to search a user name to which you want to add a role and select the user name.
For VMware Identity Manager 2.8 and later
Click Edit Group Rules.
In Add Users to Group, enter the user name to search a user name to which you want to add a role and select the user name.
Click the green + icon.
- Click Next.
You see the name of the user under the Users Being Added section.
- Click Save.
You can see that the user name is added to the Users in this Group table.
- Log in to vRealize Business for Cloud at https://vRealize_Business_for_Cloud_host_name/itfm-cloud as an administrator.
- Enter a valid license key and click Save.
You must have the vRBC_Administrator, role for the first vRealize Business for Cloud login.