After you add an endpoint to vRealize Business for Cloud, you see an untrusted certificate error message in the system status or the identity of the endpoint that you have added does not match with its SSL certificate.
After you add an endpoint such as a vCenter Server, you see one of the following error messages:
An untrusted certificate was presented by the server.
The certificate presented by the server has issues. Rectify the certificate and edit the connection to accept the new certificate.
This problem might occur in one of the following situations.
The SSL certificate of the endpoint has changed and a trusted authority might not have signed the certificate.
The end point is added by using its IP address instead of host name.
- Go to the Administration tab in vRealize Business for Cloud virtual appliance.
- Navigate to the endpoint section. For example, .
- Select the endpoint and click the edit option.
- Enter the password of the account and click Save.
- View and accept the certificate.
- Log in to the vRealize Business for Cloud as a root user and run the following commands to restart the data collection process.
monit stop itbm-data-collector
monit start itbm-data-collector