You can add an additional cost for customizing the pricing policies.
For information about configuring default settings for Virtual Infrastructure Labor and Operating System Labor, see View and Update vRealize Business for Cloud Default Settings.
- Log in to vRealize Business for Cloud as an administrator.
https://vRealize_Automation_host_name/vcac/org/tenant_URL (for the vRealize Automation integrated setup)
https://vRealize_Business_for_Cloud_host_name/itfm-cloud (for the vRealize Business for Cloud standalone setup)
- Click Business Management.
- Select Pricing, click Edit, and select Edit Pricing.
- Select the infrastructure tab, in which you want to continue editing.
Based on your selection, the policy options vary.
- Select an existing policy or click Add to create a custom policy.
- Click Edit next to the Additional Charges option.
- Click the add option in the Additional Charges window.
- Select an inventory item from the Identification list.
Based on your selection, the tag value text box is filled.Note:
You can add a price for the Fault Tolerant property of virtual machines that exists in vCenter Server only. The pricing is not supported for fault tolerant virtual machines that are part of other endpoints.
You can configure whether to set the rate for Virtual Infrastructure Labor and Operating System Labor services by using the configclient.py utility. Run the following command on the appropriate folder in the shell prompt:
configclient.py SET -k pricing.additional.createByDefault -v true.
- Select a tag value from the list.
- Select one of the calculation methods.
Sets a defined rate for the particular virtual machine that is associated with this policy or tag, remains same everyday.
% Over Compute
Adds defined percentage value in addition to the compute cost.
% Over Storage
Adds defined percentage value in addition to the storage cost.
% Total Cost
Adds defined cost percentage value in addition to the compute cost and storage cost.
Fixed One Time Fee
Adds the defined rate to the virtual machine in the first month after first deployment. So this is the cost for a one time setup.Note:
You can add either Fixed or Fixed One Time Fee calculation method for the Operating System tag value. Adding more than one calculation method is not supported for the Operating System tag value.
You can add Fixed One Time Fee and % Over Storage calculation method for vApp templates and media belonging only to the vCloud Director: ORG_VDC inventory item.
- Enter the rate of percentage or the rate for updating the pricing policy for the virtual machines.
- To save the additional service cost to the virtual machines, click Save.