You can compare the cloud cost by importing virtual machines from your private cloud. vRealize Business for Cloud calculates and displays the cost of running virtual machines with similar configurations in your private cloud, Amazon Web Services, and Microsoft Azure, vCloud Hybrid Service, or any other public cloud provider that you had already added and imported in vRealize Business for Cloud.
- Log in to vRealize Business for Cloud as an administrator.
https://vRealize_Automation_host_name/vcac/org/tenant_URL (for the vRealize Automation integrated setup)
https://vRealize_Business_for_Cloud_host_name/itfm-cloud (for the vRealize Business for Cloud standalone setup)
- Click Business Management.
- Expand What-If Analysis.
- Select Migration.
By default, vRealize Business for Cloud compares the cost of running the default virtual machine group on three providers such as, Private Cloud, AWS and Azure.
- To verify the cost on a different cloud provider, click Manage Cloud Providers.
You see a list of additional providers, such as Amazon Government.
- Drag the provider that you want to select for cost comparison and click Done.
You can modify the selection of all three cloud providers.
You can see the cost of running the default virtual machine group on the selected data provider and can compare the cost on each selected provider.
- Click the Import VMs link to browse or search the virtual machine that you want to import. You can search for virtual machines based on the name, tag, or folder.
The selected virtual machine is added into its own group. The corresponding cost details are updated for your private cloud and other public cloud providers.