You can view and update the status of critical internal business processes to understand the overall system health. The system processes run at default defined intervals to ensure that your inventory and cost data are always up-to-date.
- Cost calculation involves the steps for computing base rates, allocated costs, cost for each virtual machine, and auto-generation of reports. Cost calculation occurs daily, but you can also trigger the process manually.
- Data collector connects to the vCenter Server instances and collects the inventory data and usage statistics. After collecting inventory data and usage statistics, vRealize Business for Cloud displays timestamp of the last run job in local time. The vCenter Server data collection jobs are scheduled to run at default intervals.
- Storage collector connects to EMC SRM server instances and collects data and usage details. After completing the collection process, vRealize Business for Cloud server displays the details and timestamp of the process.
- vCloud Director connector connects to vCloud Director to collect data about consumers of the virtual machine according to organization and organization vDC. vCloud Director connection information appears only after you add vCloud Director to vRealize Business for Cloud.
- vRealize Automation connector collects data about consumers of a virtual machine in terms of blueprints, provisioning groups and tenants from IaaS component of vRealize Automation, if IaaS is configured. vRealize Automation connection information appears only after you configure IaaS component of vRealize Automation.
- Public cloud connection connects to the configured AWS accounts to collect inventory and usage data. Public cloud connection information appears only after you configure an account.
- VMware NSX Manager collector connects to VMware NSX Manager and collects all the network service instances associated with edge gateways. The associated vCloud Director endpoint establishes the mapping of network services with the business units based on the network consumption.
You can also view and update cost calculation, vRealize Automation, vCloud Director, and public cloud connection information.
- Log in to the vRealize Automation interface at https://vRealize_Automation_host_name/vcac/org/tenant_URL by using credentials of a tenant administrator.
- Log in to vRealize Business for Cloud as an administrator.
- https://vRealize_Automation_host_name/vcac/org/tenant_URL (for the vRealize Automation integrated setup)
- https://vRealize_Business_for_Cloud_host_name/itfm-cloud (for the vRealize Business for Cloud standalone setup)
- Click Business Management.
- Click Status.
vRealize Business for Cloud displays the system status information. Information related to data collectors, cost calculation, vRealize Automation, public cloud connection, and vCloud Director connection is displayed.
Note: By default, the vCenter Server data collection jobs like Inventory, Storage, Tags, and Usage statistics are set as critical jobs as these are mandatory for cost calculation and the vRealize Operations Manager synchronization job is set as non-mandatory.
- You see the Green successful status icon, if all the processes are running correctly.
- You see the Red unsuccessful status icon, if the mandatory jobs fail.
- You see the Warning status icon, if the non-mandatory jobs fail.
If there is a problem with any of the mandatory job processes, the system displays the Red status and if there is a problem with the non-mandatory jobs, the system displays warning status.
However, you can change the set values for the job criticality by updating the following lines in the configclient.py utility.
- To configure the Tags and Storage jobs as non-mandatory, add the following lines in the file.
configclient.py SET -k dc.job.critical.vc.tags -v false configclient.py SET -k dc.job.critical.vc.storage -v false
- To configure the vRealize Operations Manager synchronization job as mandatory, add the following line in the file.
- (Optional) To run a process and update the cost data and connections, click Update now next to the respective process.