The Overview page provides the information about your infrastructure expense and its utilization details for the current month.
- Infrastructure Overview: Displays the workload across cloud infrastructure. Each color represents the virtual machine count for each configured account type, such as private cloud, AWS, Azure. You can point the mouse on the each color to see total virtual machine count for the specific account type.
- Top Datacenters: Displays the utilization percentage of compute, memory and storage resources for the top five datacenters based on CPU utilization. Each color represents the used and remaining capacity of the data centers. This helps you for data center optimization.
- Infrastructure Utilization: Displays the total number of virtual machines and the count of powered-on machines for the top five datacenters based on total VM count. If a vCenter Server is associated with vRealize Operations Manager, you can also see the count of reclaimable virtual machines for each datacenter.
- Expenses across Clouds: Displays the total expense of your account types, such as private cloud, AWS, Azure. You can point the mouse on each color to see the total expense of the specific account type. The estimated expense value is calculated based on cost utilization for the last six months.
Note: The projected expense for public cloud is calculated by using the following equation:
Projected cost = A + ((B/24) * n), where,
Ais the total cost till date,
Bis the average cost per day derived using A if the last sync time for the account is of current month, otherwise B is the cost of previous day, and
nis the remaining number of hours for the current month.
- Top Business Units: Displays the top five business units based on total VM count. You can also see the amount charged for the consumption. You can point the mouse on each colored icon to see the previous month charge value. If your current month is charge is lower than previous month value, you see the green arrow. Similarly, If your current month is charge is higher than previous month value, you see the red arrow. If the charge remains same when compared with the previous month, you see a neutral black icon.
- Cost Vs Price: Displays the total projected charge value for the current month. You can also see the cost versus price graphs in different colors, that indicates your estimated expense (the cost value) for maintaining the datacenters and the amount you are charging consumers for the current month. This helps you to analyse whether your under recovery or over recovery. You can point the mouse on small circles to the estimated cost and price values.