You can run tests or other jobs by using the Jenkins plug-in. Any Jenkins job in the Jenkins server can be used in release automation with this plug-in enabled. You use this plug-in to select a Jenkins job during the modeling of a release pipeline, configure the input and output properties, and execute the job as part of the release pipeline.
Verify that the Jenkins server is available and configured with or without SSL.
Verify that the Jenkins jobs are created in the Jenkins server with the input string parameter, VRCSTestExecutionId.
- Log in to the vRealize Orchestrator client to add a Jenkins instance.
- SelectLibrary > RPTestJenkins > Configuration > Add a RPTestJenkins Instance.
- Right-click the Add an RPTestJenkins Instance workflow and select Start Workflow.
- Enter the server configuration details.
Jenkins instance name
User name and password for the Jenkins server
Host URL as protocol://host:port
Time that the task must wait to check the progress
Request Retry Count
Number of times to retry the scheduled build request for the Jenkins server
Retry Wait Time
Seconds to wait before retrying the build request for the Jenkins server
- Click Submit.
- Click the Yes button to import the certificate and click Submit.
- Click the Release Automation tab in vRealize Automation to continue with the task configuration.