To deploy the vRealize Appliance, a system administrator must log in to the vSphere client and select deployment settings.
Download the vRealize Appliance from the VMware Web site.
Log in to the vSphere client as a user with system administrator privileges.
- Select vSphere client. from the
- Browse to the vRealize Appliance file you downloaded and click Open.
- Click Next.
- Click Next on the OVF Template Details page.
- Accept the license agreement and click Next.
- Type a unique virtual appliance name according to the IT naming convention of your organization in the Name text box, select the datacenter and location to which you want to deploy the virtual appliance, and click Next.
- Follow the prompts until the Disk Format page appears.
- Verify on the Disk Format page that enough space exists to deploy the virtual appliance and click Next.
- Follow the prompts to the Properties page.
The options that appear depend on your vSphere configuration.
- Configure the values on the Properties page.
- Type the root password to use when you log in to the virtual appliance console in the Enter password and Confirm password text boxes.
- Type the fully qualified domain name of the virtual machine in the Hostname text box, even if you are using DHCP.
- Configure the networking properties.
- Select or uncheck the SSH service checkbox to choose whether SSH service is enabled for the appliance.
This value is used to set the initial status of the SSH service in the appliance. You can change this setting from the appliance management console when you configure the appliance.
- Click Next.
- If the Power on after deployment option is available on the Ready to Complete page, select it and click Finish.
- Restart the machine.
- Open a command prompt and ping the FQDN to verify that the fully qualified domain name can be resolved against the IP address of vRealize Appliance.