To use artifact management in a release pipeline, you must connect to an Artifactory server.
About this task
With artifact management, you can specify an artifact by name and search type from the server, but not by location or unique identifier. Artifact management monitors the physical location and identity of artifacts and supplies the required artifact during the pipeline execution.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a tenant administrator.
Verify that the Artifactory server is not using the default login credentials. See Set Up the Artifactory Server Password.
Verify that the tenant role is assigned for the Release Automation and Release Dashboard tabs to appear in the appliance user interface. See Configuring Additional Tenants.
Verify that the Artifactory server is configured. See the Artifactory User Guide on the jFrog Web site.
- Select .
- Enter a name for the Artifactory server.
You can add notes that apply to the server in the Description section.
- Enter the URL of the Artifactory server.
The server URL format is https://vra-hostname/artifactory.
- Enter the Artifactory user name to map that user to the tenant.
You can add notes that apply to the user and tenant in the Description section.
- Enter the Artifactory password set for the user.
- Select the artifact and click Test Connection to verify that the appliance can connect to the Artifactory server.
- Click Update to save your changes.
The release pipeline can access the Artifactory server.