If your Internet access is restricted, you can set up your own internal repository for updates, instead of getting updates from a VMware public repository. You can download updates as a zipped update bundle.
- Download the zipped update bundle from the vmware.com Web site.
- Create a repository directory under the root directory on your chosen server.
- Extract the zipped bundle to the repository directory.
- Go to the management console for your virtual appliance by using its fully qualified domain name, https://va-hostname.domain.name:5480.
- Log in with the user name root and the password you specified when the appliance was deployed.
- Click the Update tab.
- Click Settings.
- Select Use Specified Repository in the Update Repository panel.
- Enter the URL of the repository you created in the Repository URL text box.
For example, if the repository directory is vcac_update_repo, the URL should be similar to
- Click Save Settings.