You can open a failed pipeline execution in one column and a successful pipeline execution in the adjoining column in the comparison view and expand the pipeline instance details to identify the component that might have caused the release pipeline deployment to fail.
Log in to the vRealize Code Stream console as a release dashboard user, release manager, or release engineer.
Verify that the parent release pipeline includes multiple instances of a completed pipeline execution.
- Select .
- Locate a parent release pipeline and click Compare.
The compare view opens on the Release Dashboard tab.
- Click in the Compare With text box and select a pipeline execution instance from the drop-down menu.
A list of all dates and times of when the selected pipeline instance was run appears.
- View the various elements that were changed, deleted, or added between the two pipeline execution instances.
Modified elements are highlighted in yellow. Deleted elements are highlighted in red. New elements added are highlighted in green.
- Identify the element marked as failed during the pipeline execution.
- Compare the failed element with the element that passed in the adjoining instance.
This comparison provides details about the failure and how the problem was resolved.