To prepare the vRealize Automation appliance for use, a system administrator configures the host settings, generates an SSL certificate, and provides SSO connection information.
- Navigate to the vRealize Automation management console by using its fully qualified domain name, https://vrcs-vahostname.domain.name:5480/.
- Continue past the certificate warning.
- Log in with user name root and the password you specified when you deployed vRealize Automation appliance.
Select Resolve Automatically to specify the name of the current host for the vRealize Automation vRealize Automation appliance.
For new hosts, select Update Host. Enter the fully qualified domain name of the vRealize Automation appliance, vrcs-hostname.domain.name, in the Update Host text box.Note:
Configure SSO settings as described later in this procedure whenever you use Update Host to change a host name.
- Select the certificate type from the Certificate Action menu.
If you are using a PEM-encoded certificate, for example for a distributed environment, select Import.
Certificates that you import must be trusted and must also be applicable to all instances of vRealize Automation appliance through the use of Subject Alternative Name (SAN) certificates.Note:
If you use certificate chains, specify the certificates in the following order:
Client/server certificate signed by the intermediate CA certificate
One or more intermediate certificates
A root CA certificate
Leave the current SSL configuration. Select this option to cancel your changes.
The value displayed in the Common Name text box is the Host Name as it appears on the upper part of the page. If any additional instances of the vRealize Automation appliance available, their FQDNs are included in the SAN attribute of the certificate.
Enter your organization name, such as your company name, in the Organization text box.
Enter your organizational unit, such as your department name or location, in the Organizational Unit text box.
Enter a two-letter ISO 3166 country code, such as US, in the Country text box.
Copy the certificate values from BEGIN PRIVATE KEY to END PRIVATE KEY, including the header and footer, and paste them in the RSA Private Key text box.
Copy the certificate values from BEGIN CERTIFICATE to END CERTIFICATE, including the header and footer, and paste them in the Certificate Chain text box. For multiple certificate values, include a BEGIN CERTIFICATE header and END CERTIFICATE footer for each certificate.Note:
In the case of chained certificates, additional attributes may be available.
(Optional) If your certificate uses a pass phrase to encrypt the certificate key, copy the pass phrase and paste it in the Passphrase text box.
- Click Save Generated Certificate if you have selected the follow the Generated Certificate option.
- Follow the on-screen prompts if you have selected the Keep Existing option.
- Enter a new license key for vRealize Code Stream.
- Click Submit Key and click Next.
- Click the Telemetry tab to choose whether to join the VMware Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP).
Details regarding the data collected through CEIP and the purposes for which it is used by VMware are set forth at the Trust & Assurance Center at http://www.vmware.com/trustvmware/ceip.html.
- (Optional) Select Join the VMware Customer Experience Improvement Program to participate in the program and click Next.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.