The upgrade process requires 5.3 GB of free space for the upgrade files. Only perform this procedure if you have less than 5.3 GB of free space on the Disk 1 root partition.
About this task
Perform this procedure on each replica appliance node sequentially, and then on the master node.
- Power on the host machine and use SSH to log in to the vRealize Automation appliance.
- Stop each of the following services.
- service vcac-server stop
- service vco-server stop
- service vpostgres stop
- Unmount the swap partition:
- Delete the existing Disk 1 partitions and create a 44-GB root partition and a 6-GB swap partition:
(echo d; echo 2; echo d; echo 1; echo n; echo p; echo ; echo ; echo '+44G'; echo n; echo p; echo ; echo ; echo ; echo w; echo p; echo q) | fdisk /dev/sda
- Change the swap partition type.
(echo t; echo 2; echo 82; echo w; echo p; echo q) | fdisk /dev/sda
- Set the Disk 1 bootable flag:
(echo a; echo 1; echo w; echo p; echo q) | fdisk /dev/sda
- Register the partition changes with the Linux kernel.
If you see a message telling you to reboot before you make further changes, ignore the message. Rebooting the system before step 10 corrupts the upgrade process.
- Format the new swap partition.
- Mount the swap partition.
- Reboot the vRealize Automation appliance.
- After the appliance reboots, resize the Disk 1 partition table.
- Verify that the disk expansion is successful by running df -h and checking that the available disk space on /dev/sda1 is greater than 3 GB.
- Repeat steps 1–11 on all other vRealize Automation appliances.
- Shut down all replica vRealize Automation appliance nodes.