You can update your virtual appliance from an ISO file that the appliance reads from a virtual CD-ROM drive.
Shut down the machines in the existing environment.
Ensure that all CD-ROM drives used for the upgrade are enabled before you update the vRealize Appliance. See the vSphere documentation center for information about adding a CD-ROM drive to a virtual machine in the vSphere client.
- Download the update ISO file from www.vmware.com.
- Locate the downloaded file on your machine, and verify that the file size is the same as the file on www.vmware.com.
- Power on your virtual appliance.
- Connect the CD-ROM drive for the virtual appliance you are updating to the ISO file you downloaded.
- Go to the management console for your virtual appliance by using its fully qualified domain name, https://va-hostname.domain.name:5480.
- Log in with the user name root and the password you specified when the appliance was deployed.
- Click the Update tab.
- Click Settings.
- Under Update Repository, select Use CDROM Updates.
- Click Save Settings.