A gating rule can invoke a custom workflow in the vRealize Orchestrator service.
Only an embedded instance of the vRealize Orchestrator service can be used for a gating workflow. Use of an external instance is not supported.
You must register the gating workflow, and use the correct data types.
To register the gating workflow with vRealize Code Stream, you must tag the gating workflow with the keyword named vRCS_GATING_RULE. Untagged workflows do not appear in vRealize Code Stream.
Use only the string data type for the input and output properties. vRealize Code Stream cannot configure or run workflows that use complex data types, or any other data type.
Verify that the workflow for a gating workflow is created.
- Log in to the vRealize Orchestrator client to create a gating workflow.
- Select .
- Right-click Tag workflow and select Start Workflow.
- To select the gating workflow, click the Tagged Workflow text box.
- For the tag, enter vRCS_GATING_RULE.
- For the value, enter vRCS_GATING_RULE.
- For the Global tag, click Yes, and click Submit.
- In vRealize Automation, click the Code Stream tab to continue with the task configuration.