When you apply the vRealize Code Stream standalone license to a vRealize Automation appliance, you enable the vRealize Code Stream capabilities.
You can use the vRealize Code Stream standalone license to enable pipeline modeling, pipeline execution, and the release dashboard.
You can have the vRealize Automation appliance run vRealize Code Stream by entering the license key and selecting Submit Key.
Before you submit the key for vRealize Code Stream, verify that High Availability (HA) is not running on the vRealize Automation appliance.
Verify that the vRealize Automation appliance is set up. See Configure the vRealize Appliance.
- Open the vRealize Automation Appliance management console with the fully qualified domain name, https:// vrcs-va-hostname.domain.name:5480/.
- Log in as the root user.
- Select .
- Enter a valid vRealize Code Stream license key and click Submit Key.
- Wait for 5 minutes for the services to start, and for the tenant administrator to log in and assign the Release Manager and Release Engineer roles to users.
When the services have started, in the Virtual Appliance Management Interface (VAMI) Services you can confirm that the release-management service is registered.
- After the admin assigns the Release Manager and Release Engineer, confirm that you can log in to the vRealize Automation console and see the Code Stream tab.
- Open a Web browser.
- Navigate to https://vrcs-hostname.domain.name/vcac.