You can update your virtual appliance from an ISO file that the appliance reads from a virtual CD-ROM drive.
Shut down the machines in the existing environment.
Ensure that all CD-ROM drives used for the upgrade are enabled before you update the vRealize Appliance. See the VMware vSphere documentation for information about adding a CD-ROM drive to a virtual machine in the vSphere Client.
- Log in to MyVMware, locate the vRealize Automation product download, and download the ISO file.
- Locate the downloaded file on your machine, and verify that the file size is the same as the ISO file.
- Power on your virtual appliance.
- Connect the CD-ROM drive for the virtual appliance you are updating to the ISO file you downloaded.
- On your primary vRealize Automation appliance, log in to vRealize Automation Appliance Management as root using the password you entered when you deployed the vRealize Automation appliance.
- Log in with the user name root and the password you entered when you deployed the appliance.
- Click the Update tab.
- Click Settings.
- Under Update Repository, select Use CDROM Updates.
- Click Save Settings.