After you install the updates, you must update your Single Sign-On (SSO) password for VMware Identity Manager.
VMware Identity Manager replaces the Identity Appliance and vSphere SSO components.
- Log out of the vRealize Appliance management console, and close your browser.
- Open the browser again, and log back in.
- Select .
- Using a complex password, enter a new VMware Identity Manager password and click Save Settings.
Do not use simple passwords. You can safely ignore the following error message: SSO server is not connected. It can require several minutes to restart the services.
The vRealize Appliance management console accepts the password.
- Reboot the virtual appliance.
- Click the System tab.
- Click Reboot and confirm your selection.
- Verify that all services are running.
- Log in to the vRealize Automation appliance management interface.
- Click the Services tab on the console.
- Click the Refresh tab to monitor the progress of service startup.
You should see a minimum of 35 services.
- Verify that all services are registered except iaas-service.
The release-management service does not start without a vRealize Code Stream license key.