The migration of identity store fails because more than a 1000 groups in the Active Directory have not been synchronized to the VMware Identity Manager utility directory.
The migration of identity store to the VMware Identity Manager utility fails.
The problem occurs because more than 1000 groups in the group base search domain name have not been synchronized to the VMware Identity Manager utility directory.
- Log in the vRealize Automation appliance as a system administrator.
- Create a local user for the default tenant.
- Assign the local user the Tenant Administrator privileges.
- Log out of the vRealize Automation appliance.
- Log in the tenant with the local user credentials.
- Select .
- Open the failed Active Directory domain.
- To open a dialog box that has synchronization options, click Sync Settings.
- To add a line for group DN definitions and enter the appropriate group DN that must be synchronized, click the + icon.
- To save your changes and synchronize to implement your updates immediately, click Save & Sync.
The VMware Identity Manager utility directory is synchronized to more than 1000 groups in the Active Directory.
What to do next
Start the migration process.